Thursday, March 21, 2013

A Change of Direction

Well, it's been a while since I've posted about our adoption, but my family and I  haven't been sitting still. This adoption journey we've been on has taken a sharp, unexpected turn. 

As you probably know by now, the Russian government has outlawed all adoptions by Americans. The news came out the morning after our home study was completed. For a while, we held on to the hope that this cruel law would be overturned. Or that exceptions would be made. Or that adoptions already in progress would be allowed to move forward. 
It soon became evident that the door to Russia was bolted shut. At least for now. If we've learned anything from our journey, it's the truth of this Psalm. 
Thy way is in the sea, 
And thy path in the great waters, 
And thy footsteps are not known. 
(Psalm 77:19)
I really don't know why the Lord allowed this to happen. And I can't be certain of exactly where He's leading us. But even as my heart aches over Tim and Ana, I know that He is in control, and that He loves them more than I ever can. I will never forget Tim and Ana, and will continue to pray. Perhaps someday, they may still join our family.

In the meantime, there are many, many children in their same situation. Children without a loving family who face a life on the street if they age out of their orphanage. 
10825232256
Estelle
Estelle (not her real name) is one of those children. She's in an orphanage in Eastern Europe, and she has about a year to go before she'll be forced to leave. I don't want to see that happen, and so Val and I are working hard to bring her into our home. At the same time, we're open to adopting other children on the same trip.
As of today, we're in the process of updating our home study for the new country. Piles of paperwork still await. And, Lord willing, Estelle will join our other beautiful daughters this year. Perhaps she'll bring more brothers or sisters home with her; we just don't know. But our eyes are still on the Lord; we're trusting in Him to guide us. 


No comments:

Post a Comment