Sunday, January 6, 2013

More Challenges

Seems I can't get away from challenges. Just one day after posting about Running Mom's 13 13.1s in 2013 Challenge, I go to church, open the bulletin and read this sermon title: Challenges for A.D. 2013.

Fair enough. In my view, the spiritual challenges far outweigh the physical. Like St. Paul said;
Physical training is good, but training for godliness is much better, promising benefits in this life and in the life to come. (I Timothy 4:8)
So here are the challenges my Pastor, Len Liu, threw down:
  • Read the entire Bible before next Christmas;
  • Keep a prayer journal;
  • Invite someone into your home every month;
  • Encourage someone everyday.  
That's a tall order. But as I think of how this would bless those around me, and bring glory to God, I can't help but try. Will I miss the mark? More than likely. But God's mercies are new every morning. So when I stumble, I know I can always get back up and keep pressing on. Again, taking my lead from Paul:
No, dear brothers and sisters, I have not achieved it, but I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Jesus Christ, is calling us. (Philippians 3:13-14)
The more I read Paul, the more I'm convinced he was a runner too.

No comments:

Post a Comment