Saturday, January 5, 2013

13 13.1s in 2013 Challenge

Yikes.

So last year I did this exactly twice: run 13.1 miles. Truth be told, that was two more times than I had planned in January. But, still...

So then Heather Winkler, aka Running Mom, sets up this 13 13.1s in 2013 Challenge. The idea is straight forward: run 13 half marathons in 2013. Now Heather did stipulate that these don't all have to be official races (very expensive) - training runs count and marathons count for two.

I'm a sucker for challenges. So I'm in.

I'm looking at two marathons this year: the Instant Classic Trail Run in March, and the Richmond Marathon in November. Hopefully I can squeeze the Ashland Half Marathon in as well because that race is just so much fun. Who doesn't love a hill that stretches from mile 11 to mile 12?

Add in the training runs and I should at least get close.

If you want to take a shot at this challenge, visit Heather's blog Diary of  a Running Mom.



No comments:

Post a Comment