Tuesday, February 12, 2013

7 Reasons Why Running is Good for Your Soul

Today, I set out on a dirt road and just ran down any trail my feet pointed me to. The trails hid some inviting hills - one that sloped straight down and away from a small lake (two repeats there with a little vault over the wooden guard rail - woot!).Stairs built by the Boy Scouts. Deer. 

I felt like a kid again; just leaning in the wind and running until dark. It was good for my soul. 

So in celebration of tonight's run, I'm sharing Michael O'Loughlin's article 7 Reasons Why Running is Good for Your Soul.

Here's what Michael shares about his own running Odyssey. Can you relate?
Like many, I started running while in college to get in shape and lose a few pounds. I became a more dedicated runner after grad school, first finishing a 10-mile race, then a half-marathon, followed by a couple of full marathons. It was during this long-distance training that I realized that while the physical benefits were obvious and welcome, that the spiritual benefits of running were just as beneficial to me. Below are seven reasons why running is good for your soul.
  1. Running Keeps You Humble
  2. Running Makes You Happier
  3. Running Causes Kindness
  4. Running Makes You Proud, In a Good Way
  5. Running Allows Time for Prayer and Meditation
  6. Running Tests Your Limits
  7. Running Keeps You Patient (Read More...)

No comments:

Post a Comment